Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lots of Fun Facts

While I was at soccer practice, a brown tawny owl dropped off a wand. My mom showed me a peck on her hand from the owl. She told me about it the second I walked in the door. I was hoping it was a snowy owl. I have tried a couple of spells with my new wand. They do not work! The wand has vines on it just like Hermione's. I like to hold it with my left hand.

We had our first basketball practice of the season this past Sunday. This year we are in the Biddy A - that's big time on Staten Island. Speaking of big time, I took my aunt's basketball number in honor of my Awesome Aunt Lizzy. I will be rocking #4 all year. I made the first shot I took at practice. I was AWESOME!

Also pretty awesome, we won our first soccer game of the season on Saturday. We kicked our opponents booty around the field. We shut-out the other team! The score was 2-0. Aunt Liz was so ecstatic, as was I!

This weekend mom, Aunt Lizzy and I are heading to North Carolina for Columbus Day Weekend. We will be visiting Aunt Jilly, Mike, Tommy and the new baby, Drew. Jack and Ryan will be there too, along with Steph and Doug. We are heading via a flight out of Philly...we will hitting the road early on Saturday. I hope I am not too cranky!

Now I will talk about Christopher Columbus. We are learning about him in school. I wrote notes about him and studied hard. We took a test today and I think I got a 100%.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,
    I stopped by to see your blog page. It is awesome!!!! I can't wait to see your halloween costume. Have a great trip Nort Carolina this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lauren,

    at the end of your blog post you said you were going to talk about Christopher Columbus but you never did. Whats up with that?

    ReplyDelete